Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wildlife photography - Bird photo Slide show

I do wildlife photography as a hobby about for 10 years. I still using 35mm film cameras with Fuji slide films, and I'm not even think about to switch over for digital. I like the slides, I like to touch the picture I took, I like the photo's material existence. The film photography is better and cheaper than digital, but the photographers need to know what are they doing. I'm not that type of "wildlife photographer" who walk in a nature with camera in a hand. After I got a picture in my mind I start to thinking, how I can make it happen, then I start to planning the way to take the photo. Of course there are many photo wasn't planned just happened, but there are many photos I was waiting for days, weeks or even months until I was able to take it. I never shoot animal photos in zoo, wildlife park, safari park, aviary, or any other places, where animals are living in captivity and controlled and take care by humans. I want to photographing my subjects in theirs natural habitat, when they are shows natural behivor. Non of my photos in this slide show was digitally manipulated, enhanced, not even croped, except one photo. All the photos was scanned with a Konica Minolta film scanner I did not grab the camera and started to shoot wildlife to being popular on some photo forums. I did grow up to close to the nature, and I did love it long time before I started to photographing.

No comments:

Post a Comment